Pet Odor Removal
Have a carpet that looks and smells pristine!
Pets are such a huge part of our families, and we know you want the very best for them! When you have Pristine treat the carpets for pet stains and odors you can be sure your pets and family are safe.
Hypoallergenic & Non-Toxic
We are a chemically sensitive family and know how important it is to have products that are safe for all members of the household. We purposefully picked the products we use for their safety rating.
Our cleaning products are also biodegradable. We believe it is important to keep our homes an the environment clean as well.
Whether it is dog or a cat urine problem, we have the right products to remove the odor!
Odor Removal Products & Costs
Sanitizer is now included in the cost of our basic cleaning. The sanitizer will take care of some surface odors like the wet dog smell, but will not remove pet urine odors.
Injections – $12 per injection covers about 6 inches to 1 foot in diameter. Injections are used to treat heavy urine problems in the carpet. When pets frequent the same areas they can breach the padding and hit the sub-floor. If you do not treat the area all the way down to the floorboards then the odor will remain. Treating the area by injection is very effective at removing odors deep within the carpet, and padding.
Time Frames – Odor caused by urine can take some time to eliminate. Odor elimination is not an exact science. Sometimes it takes 4-5 treatments to eradicate the problem.
Odor Removal Guarantee
We guarantee odor removal when:
- Your cleaner will assess the carpeted areas and locate problem spots. After the evaluation is complete, they will recommend a course of treatment.
- Use the recommended treatment provided by your cleaner to receive the 30-day pet odor elimination guarantee. Odors caused by urine are only guaranteed when both sanitizer and injections are used.
- The products must be allowed to run their four-day course. If you still smell the pet odor after 4 days you need a retreat. Call us as soon as possible to schedule a return visit. We will return as many times as needed within 30 days of the original cleaning at no additional charge. This time frame allows for about four to five treatments.
- The guarantee does not cover odors coming from your air vents, damage to your walls, or other hard surfaces in your home. However, we can help you locate these problem areas, and recommend products to take care of them.
Finding the Odors
We use two different methods to locate where odors are coming from.
- Black light
- We stick our noses in the carpet.
Pet spots can encompass a wide variety of problems on the carpet. They can be from tracking in soil, to problems such as feces, vomit, and urine. Pre-treatment for pet spots is always included in our basic cleaning prices. Due to the nature of certain problems spots we cannot always guarantee to be able to remove them. Urine and fecal matter can permanently change the color of the carpet fibers. Our cleaners will do their best to remove the spots, and walk you through spot treatment tips to help you remove future spots, and prevent permanent spots when accidents do occur.
Pet odor treatment will not change the territorial behavior of your pet. If the behavior continues despite your efforts, your pet may need additional training. Check with your veterinarian for additional recommendations. In the meantime check out the following links:
5 Reasons Cats Stop Using the Litter Box
Tips for How to Housetrain Your Puppy